|This chicken is not suitable for cooking|
1 free range chicken
6 bacon rashers
4 cloves garlic
2 twigs of rosemary
1/3 of a pumpkin
2 large onions
1 large oven bag, or roasting pan with sealed lid
1. Lightly salt and pepper the bacon rashers. Roll them and use these to stuff the chicken. Add some rosemary, 1 garlic clove and 1/2 onion with the bacon as stuffing.
2. Use a knife to cut 4 knife width tunnels under the chicken skin over the breast. Insert 1/4 garlic clove and some rosemary into each tunnel, this helps flavour the chicken.
3. Cut, peel and wash the vegetables. I like to leave the pumpkin skins on.
4. Place the chicken and vegetables in the oven bag or roasting pan, season with salt, pepper and the remaining rosemary and garlic cloves.
5. Add 1 cup of water.
6. Place in the oven at 120 degrees for 4 hours.
7. Remove from the oven and capture the remaining liquid to use in the gravy.
8. Add hot water to a table spoon of cornflower in a cup. Mix until the cornflower dissolves. Gradually add to your chicken liquid stirring as you go, stopping adding the cornflower liquid once the gravy thicken.